Duquesne starts their 2012-2013 season on November 9 in Albany against Albany. The Dukes will put a team on the floor that hopes to match the performance of last year's squad. They lose 54% of their player minutes from last season and hope to replace that with the output of seven incoming freshmen.
The largest gap to fill for Duquesne will be on offense, as the team lost 78.6% of their assists. That's followed by steals, where they lost another massive 70.8% of last season's numbers.
Duquesne closed out the last season with an overall record of 16-14 and placed 9th in the A-10 with a conference record of 7-9. In postseason play, the Dukes lost to Massachusetts 92-83 in the A-10 tournament. Duquesne lost last year's seniors B.J. Monteiro (31 minutes per game) and Eric Evans (26 MPG). The Dukes will also go without T.J. McConnell (transferred to Arizona), Mike Talley (transferred to Eastern Michigan), Danny Herrera (3 MPG), and Rich Piekarski (1 MPG).
The Dukes return senior Sean Johnson (13.5 points/game), senior Andre Marhold (1.4 blocked shots/game), sophomore Jerry Jones (6.4 points/game), sophomore Kadeem Pantophlet (3.5 points/game), and sophomore Mamadou Datt (2.1 points/game).
The Dukes recruited incoming freshmen including 6-9 Derrick Martin, 6-4 P.J. Torres, 5-11 Derrick Colter, 5-10 Christian Johnston, 6-5 Quevyn Winters, and 6-3 Jeremiah Jones. The team also picks up 6-8 senior Ovie Soko (transferred from UAB) and 6-2 sophomore Marvin Binney. Duquesne kicks off A-10 play on January 9th at Fordham.
Tags: B.J. Monteiro
- Since 2002, Duquesne has an overall winning percentage of 43.0%. The Dukes have been improving over the last 5 years with an overall winning percentage of 55.9%.
- The Dukes have an average conference finish of 7.0 over the last 5 seasons. Over the past 16 the team has an average finish of 7.0.
- The average final RPI (last year) of opponents on this year's schedule is 133.7.
- This year's opponent with the highest RPI from last year is Georgetown (#13).
- This year's opponent with the lowest RPI from last year is Maine (#281).
, Eric Evans
, T.J. McConnell
, Mike Talley
, Danny Herrera
, Rich Piekarski
, Sean Johnson
, Andre Marhold
, Jerry Jones
, Kadeem Pantophlet
, Mamadou Datt
, Derrick Martin
, P.J. Torres
, Derrick Colter
, Christian Johnston
, Quevyn Winters
, Jeremiah Jones
, Nick Foschia
, Ovie Soko
, Marvin Binney